To our CrossFit Davis community,
We are writing this email to keep you all updated of the measures we are taking while the gym remains open but also in preparation in the event that we make the decision to close the gym.
First things first
Thank you so much for being a part of CrossFit Davis! This is a tough time for small businesses and we appreciate everyone’s continued support. Keeping the gym open weighs heavily on us as we know it is a risk to gather in groups of any size. At the same time we are aware of how meaningful the gym is for so many, especially during stressful times. Our efforts at CFD are solely focused on making your time in the gym the best hour of your day. For many of you the gym is your happy place and that is not lost on us.
At this time we are choosing to be open tomorrow (Monday 3/16) although we are preparing for an inevitable closure in the near future as the need for social distancing is getting stronger.
If you are choosing to avoid the gym now
We will be offering one on one personal training via text message or email for all members who choose to self quarantine while we remain open. If you maintain your current unlimited membership we will pair you with one of our coaches for one on one communication and individualized daily workouts based on your fitness level, equipment and available space. Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in moving forward with personal training at this time.
In the event of a gym closure
We will be converting all members to our personal training option. We are hoping this service will help to strengthen our community that means so much to us, keep our accountability strong, and of course maintain our fitness that will help keep us both physically and mentally healthy through this trying time.
Sanitization measures while we remain open
- Removal of chalk: We will no longer be providing chalk for workouts.
- No sharing of equipment: Rowers, barbells, pull-up bars etc.
- No use of equipment that can not easily be sanitized: ropes, sandbags etc.
- Use hand sanitizer before and after checking in: if you don’t want to touch the ipads you can download the zenplanner app on your phone.
- Create space between yourself and other members: Do your best to set up for workouts with ample space around you.
- Continue all current sanitizing practices: wipe down all equipment after use and wash your hands regularly.
- Stay home when sick: if you are not feeling well or think there is a chance you have been exposed at your workplace or while traveling please do not come in to the gym.
Kids in the gym
The presence of kids in the gym at this time is an added concern for us. We understand that schools are out and that you may not have a choice in whether you bring your children with you. Our kids room has been cleared of toys, books, and all surfaces that can not easily be sanitized. Please have them wash their hands before they leave and wipe down any area they use before and after they use it. Take home anything you bring in with them to play with. We are also asking that they do not play on any gym equipment at this time for risk of unnecessary exposure.
As a small business, the threat of a forced closure is obviously unknown and scary. Our first priority is and always will be the health and safety of our members. We appreciate your support through this crisis and whether our doors remain open or not, we pledge to continue to bring you a meaningful product that we are proud of.
-Kirsten, Matt and the CFD Team