He's writing about writing -- but what if you replace "work" with "Training?"
The Lunch Pail Manifesto by Stephen Pressfield
1. We must find the work that brings our lives meaning.
2. We must strive to make our work purposeful, truthful, and authentic, a pure offering to our Muse and fellow human beings.
3. We must wage a lifelong war with Resistance and accept that instant gratification is an oxymoron.
4. We must not speak of our work with false modesty or braggadocio.
5. We must not debase our work for short term gain nor elevate it above its rightful station to inflate our ego.
6. We must not covet the fruits of our work, or the fruits of others’ work.
7. We must respect others’ work and offer aid to fellow professional laborers.
8. We must accept that our work will never be perfect.
9. We must accept that our work will never be without merit.
10. We must accept that our work will never cease.
Grace and Corey -- CFD's 330 Challenge Winners!
Worth A Look
Tending the microbial garden / Urban probiotics / Add dirt to the diet
Top 5 most annoying CrossFitters
Real women speak: this is what weightlifting means to me
Miranda on cleans: “Don’t try to control the bar, try to control the positions of your body.” (video)
Protein absorption: The myth of 30 grams
Find a heavy to 1RM jerk
- 30 Sit ups (abmat)
- 7 Wall Climbs